American Breakfast Pancakes
1) Place the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
2) Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Allow the batter stand for a few minutes.
3) Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter (if your hob has the temperature control function use setting 3). When the butter has melted, add a ladle of batter.
4) Once the top of the pancake begins to bubble, turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
5) Serve with your favourite topping.
PERFECT WEEKEND BREAKFAST TREAT.
Miele’s own recipe
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
500g bread flour
130g plain flour, sieved
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp golden caster sugar
130ml whole milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp melted butter (allowed to cool slightly), plus extra for cooking
Maple syrup, Nutella, Fresh Fruit (or whatever you like to serve)