10 things you need to know about fitted wardrobes!
Wednesday 8 August
1. Built in wardrobes maximize space allow for customization and instantly create more space and can be built to fit most spaces.
2. Consider a bespoke furniture company. A bespoke furniture company will be able to offer a range of standard products coupled with a bespoke service, which means they will be able to design and build wardrobes to fit any space. They will also be able to offer a bespoke solution to the internal fit outs so you won’t have to adapt your ideas/requirements to fit off the shelf products.
3. Fitted wardrobes are an investment. You cannot take them with you should you move. However, you get the benefit of them whilst you remain in your home and when you come to sell purchasers are likely to pay a premium for homes with built in storage.
4. If you want to keep things simple and ensure a seamless, quality service choose a company that will manage the work from concept to completion. This can avoid costly mistakes as well as stress. Reputable companies will offer a free design service. If the company has their own fitting teams even better.
5. Think about how you need your wardrobe/s fitting out. Make sure you choose a company that offers the right range of options for your needs. Do you need drawers, shelves, integral media devices, TV’s, desks, dressing tables, lighting, hanging rails or pull out shelving? A company that offers a design service will be able to offer advice.
6. Think about the size and shape of your bedroom when you start the design process. Sliding or bi-fold doors might be an option. Mirrored doors create the illusion of a larger room and provide a full-length mirror without taking up valuable floor space. Take the dimensions of your room with you when you visit the showroom.
7. Wardrobes should be fitted onto a hard floor, not carpet. If wardrobes are fitted onto carpet there can be movement over time as the carpet settles which will undoubtedly affect the look of the wardrobes.
8. Ask for recommendations, testimonials and to see previous projects. Wherever you buy your fitted wardrobes from ask lots of questions, look for on-line reviews and case studies. Visit the showroom and if possible visit the home of someone who has previously used the company.
9. Fitted wardrobes are something that will be in your home for a long time. Think carefully about colour, classic timeless colours will last for many years and will be adaptable to different styles and décor.
10. Think about the preparation of your room. If you are redecorating and or re-carpeting. If you are planning to decorate the walls, you may wish to do this prior to the new wardrobes being fitted and have any new carpets fitted after installation.